A creamy, flavor-packed dressing, this Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing takes just minutes to make and is completely guilt-free.
Who doesn’t love a rich, creamy blue cheese dressing on a crisp bed of salad greens? Instead of buying the bottled stuff, try making your own at home! Not only will you save money and calories, but you will be able to control the quality of ingredients. Plus my Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing takes almost no time at all!
- Plain yogurt: Acts as a healthier, creamy, thick base for the dressing. If you want it even thicker, or for added protein, use Greek yogurt!
- Crumbled blue cheese: Also spelled bleu cheese, it’s a soft, crumbly cheese with a sharp and salty flavor that’s the star of the show.
- Lemon juice: Thins out the dressing a bit, and adds a bright, fresh flavor.
- Garlic: Nutty, earthy, and a bit spicy that adds great flavor to the dressing.
- Horseradish: Adds a nice little kick to the dressing, but can easily be left out if you aren’t a fan.
How to Make Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing
Start your Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing by putting plain yogurt and the crumbled blue cheese in a bowl.
Then using a microplane, freshly grate your garlic clove into the bowl.
Finish with the horseradish and fresh lemon juice, and a bit of salt and pepper to taste, then whisk until creamy and smooth.
Drizzle over a salad, or serve alongside some buffalo wings, and enjoy your Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is blue cheese healthy for you?
Blue cheese is high in calcium, and is full of many other nutrients, compared to other cheeses.
Is blue cheese heart healthy?
Studies have shown that blue cheese is anti-inflammatory, and can help reduce cholesterol, making it good for heart health.
How do I store homemade blue cheese dressing?
Keep it in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.
More Healthy Salad Dressings:
Did you try this salad dressing? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your meal.
No matter what you do, have fun with it and make it your own. Once you realize how easy and delicious homemade Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing is to make, you will never buy the jarred stuff again!
Your fork is waiting.
Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing
This creamy blue cheese dressing takes just minutes to make and is completely guilt free.
For a thicker dressing, use Greek yogurt or reduce the amount of lemon juice.
Calories: 34kcalCarbohydrates: 1.6gProtein: 2.2gFat: 2.1gSaturated Fat: 1.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.8gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 78mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 1g