Little ROCK, Ark. – Finalists have been declared for the 2021 class of the Arkansas Food stuff Corridor of Fame. The Division of Arkansas Heritage launched the Arkansas Food Corridor of Fame program in 2016 to figure out Arkansas’ legendary eating places, proprietors, and foods-themed occasions across the condition.
More than 2,000 submissions were obtained from all 75 Arkansas counties for the fifth course of the Arkansas Food items Corridor of Fame. This was a virtually 40% raise 12 months-above-yr. In a calendar year of unknowns, support for the restaurant and foodstuff field in the point out is a lot more vital than ever.
Nominations had been recognized from the public during the month of Oct in the subsequent 5 classes:
- Arkansas Foods Corridor of Fame
- Proprietor of the Yr
- Foodstuff-Themed Party
- People’s Selection
- Absent But Not Forgotten
Winners will be announced at a virtual ceremony on February 22, 2021.
Arkansas Food stuff Hall of Fame
- AQ Chicken Residence of Springdale (Washington County)
- Colonial Steak Home of Pine Bluff (Jefferson County)
- Dairy King of Portia (Lawrence County)
- Dixie Pig of Blytheville (Mississippi County)
- Feltner’s Whatta-Burger of Russellville (Pope County)
- Herman’s Ribhouse of Fayetteville (Washington County)
- K Hall & Sons Produce of Minor Rock (Pulaski County)
- Kream Kastle of Blytheville (Mississippi County)
- Monte Ne Inn of Rogers (Benton County)
- Neal’s Café of Springdale (Washington County)
- The Ohio Club of Very hot Springs (Garland County)
- Star of India of Very little Rock (Pulaski County)
- Trio’s Cafe of Minimal Rock (Pulaski County)
Proprietor of the 12 months
- Sami Lal of Little Rock (Pulaski County)
- Jamie McAfee of Pine Bluff (Jefferson County)
- Matt McClure of Bentonville (Benton County)
- Capi Peck of Small Rock (Pulaski County)
- Anthony Valinoti of Scorching Springs (Garland County)
Food stuff-Themed Situations
- Arkansas Cornbread Festival (Pulaski County)
- Bradley County Pink Tomato Pageant (Bradley County)
- Magnolia Blossom Competition & Earth Championship Steak Cook-Off (Columbia County)
- Our Girl of the Lake Catholic Church Annual Spaghetti Dinner (Chicot County)
- Tontitown Grape Competition (Washington County)
- Earth Championship Duck Gumbo Cookoff (Arkansas County)
Absent But Not Forgotten
- Browning’s Mexican Grill (Pulaski County)
- Dairy Hollow House (Carroll County)
- Habib’s Café and Delicatessen (Phillips County)
- Roy Fisher’s Steak Dwelling (Pulaski County)
- Uncle John’s (Crittenden County)
The People’s Alternative Award has been selected entirely dependent on the variety of nominations for a individual cafe, so there are no finalists and the winner will be introduced for the duration of the induction ceremony.
“There had been lots of unknowns for every Arkansan in 2020. Celebrating food folks and locations is additional important than ever,” claimed Stacy Hurst, secretary of the Division of Parks, Heritage and Tourism. “We are so delighted to honor these specific entities as a special part of Arkansas’s heritage and culture.”
The general public is invited to attend the reception and induction ceremony nearly on February 22, 2021 in the evening. Discover a lot more by browsing the Arkansas Heritage Facebook website page: https://fb.me/e/3d4QCo3rE. Thoughts can be directed to Andrew Vogler at [email protected] or calling 501-324-9346. For extra information and facts about the Arkansas Food stuff Hall of Fame, stop by ArkFoodHOF.com.
The finalists were chosen by a exclusive committee of Arkansans together with historians, cooks, foodies and food authors, such as Paul S. Austin, Jimmy Bryant, Chip Culpepper, Cindy Grisham, Stacy Hurst, Montine McNulty, Rex Nelson, Tim Nutt, Kat Robinson, Christina Shutt, Donna Uptigrove, David Ware and Stanley Young.