Posted:Up to date:
EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. – In an effort and hard work to provide economic relief to regional dining establishments impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, the El Paso County Board of Health voted unanimously on Wednesday to waive 2021 license charges for full-service retail food stuff establishments (RFE), bars, and taverns in El Paso County.
The Board’s action was made doable by Senate Invoice 20B-001, which was signed into legislation in December 2020 and aims to help alleviate the economical impacts of COVID-19 on the restaurant industry. With the passing of this bill, the Colorado Office of Community Health and fitness and Ecosystem directed neighborhood counties to waive the license renewal price for specific license styles to include things like complete-support restaurants (zero to 200+ seats), bars, and taverns.
This bill provides financial guidance to 1,568 (57%) of the 2,733 RFEs in El Paso County, resulting in more than $620,000 in waived costs.
RFEs that were not provided in this waiver incorporate grocery outlets, usefulness retailers, cell models, and corporations with restricted food items preparation that are not bars or taverns. The condition legislature had established that these styles of corporations were fewer possible to endure essential adverse impacts from the ability and indoor dining limits imposed by state general public health orders.
Track record and additional information
- Retail food licenses are renewed annually with fee amounts established by their license group.
- License groups are established at the time of original licensing.
- Decreased seating capacity due to COVID-19 does not result in a license improve.
Timelines and subsequent techniques
- Institutions that have received fee waivers will get a letter outlining this details along with their license by April.
- For institutions that have not received fee waivers and need to pay their license renewal, the payment deadline has been prolonged to March 31, 2021, and these establishments have been sent notification letters.
- All 2020 licenses have been extended to cover the hold off in license distribution.