Browned Butter and Sage Roasted Butternut Squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook dinner Time: 20 minutes Complete Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6
Tender roasted sweet butternut squash in garlic browned butter with loads of fried sage!
- 1 (2-3 pound) butternut squash, peed, seeded and reduce into bite sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons new sage, thinly sliced
- Toss the butternut squash with the oil, salt and pepper ahead of spreading out in a solitary layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the squash in a preheated 400F/200C oven until eventually tender, about 20-30 minutes, mixing 50 % way by.
- Meanwhile, cook the butter in a compact saucepan over medium heat until finally it starts off to switch a pleasant hazelnut brown before eradicating it from the heat and mixing in the garlic and sage.
Possibility: Add 1 little onion. (You can either slice it and roast it with the butternut or dice it and cook dinner it in the butter.)
Selection: Incorporate 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey or brown sugar to butter mixture, immediately after mixing in the garlic and sage, for some further sweetness and flavour.
Solution: Increase a splash of lemon juice, cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar to the butter mixture after mixing in the garlic and sage.
Solution: Incorporate a pinch of pink pepper flakes along with the garlic and sage.
Alternative: Replace the sage with thyme.
Alternative: Garnish with 1/4 cup crispy cooked pancetta.
Selection: Garnish with 1/4 cup pepitas.
Selection: Garnish with 1/4 cup dried cranberries.
Option: Sprinkle grated parmesan or pecorino cheese on when nonetheless warm.